Date Added: 9th July
CI Practitioners HM and Registry
Permanent, based in any HMLR office
As a member of the Business Change and Continuous Improvement Team, the post holder will play a
key role in, promoting supporting and embedding a culture of sustainable change and continuous
improvement across the organisation. Supporting national change programmes, projects and the
business, the successful applicant will use their knowledge and experience of multiple Continuous
Improvement (CI) methodologies to identify improved efficiency and effectiveness from existing
processes whilst ensuring that new systems and work routines are developed to maximise value to
customers and HMLR. To support this, the role will also focus on the delivery of CI understanding
across the business including developing leaders to manage in a continuous improvement environment.
The CI Practitioner role provides the in-depth specialist skills and experience to carry out the above;
supporting key stakeholders with developing and carrying out their CI responsibilities.
1. Identify and facilitate process improvement projects that improve efficiencies, reduce costs and
improve customer satisfaction.
2. Support the development of a CI culture by helping the business to develop CI, problem solving
and analytical skills.
3. Conduct root cause analysis to determine metrics, trouble shoot business issues, workflow,
project plans, capacity, design & create process documentation
4. Apply CI methodology and tools; carrying out advanced data collection and analysis for process
mapping and cost analysis to determine project feasibility
5. Drive value stream mapping to define ‘as is’ analysis and the transition to future state.
6. Work with OED colleagues to Identify, develop and deliver CI skills-based training to all areas of
the business, including senior managers.
7. Responsibility for contributing to wider government CI approaches and networks
To apply and for more detail go to https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1591490